top of page
  • Writer's pictureDominic Konareski

Miller Standouts; Shutouts In Blue Devils Win

The West Haven Blue Devils went up against the 4-0 undefeated North Haven Indians tonight for their first away game of the season as they played their first three games at home. West Haven came into this game with a 1-2 record with the lone win being against long time rival Hamden about a week and a half back. North Haven comes in undefeated with a 4-0 win loss record, being one of the best teams in the league.

Now before I get into this game I wanna mention that even though West Haven came in with a losing record (1-2) they have one of the best teams right now in Connecticut high school hockey and you can take a look for proof right at their goalie, Charlie Miller who came off a 45 save game against Fairfield Prep, let me remind you that a hockey game is a total of 45 minutes, 3 periods 15 minutes each. That is a save on average of every minute, folks that is true talent and consistently, something you would see in the NHL.

With that said the Blue Devils wanted to wipe away the Indians perfect streak, and they did.

Goal, Goal, Goal as the West Haven Blue Devils put up three and put a frown on North Havens face. The Blue Devils get their first shutout of the season and Charlie Miller gets his first shutout of his career. Now this was not an upset win, the New York Sports Show had the Blue Devils with a 60% chance to win over North Haven's 40% before the game started.

With this win West Haven goes 2-2 in the win loss column at a .500 win percentage as they get ready to go up against Notre Dame - Fairfield on Monday back at home in the Bennett. North Haven goes 4-1, they remain 3 games over 500.

The New York Sports Show Player of The Game (NYSSPoG) goes to Charlie Miller

For more coverage on the West Haven Blue Devils subscribe to our YouTube channel - (15) New York Sports Show - YouTube

165 views0 comments


bottom of page